JORDAN set to expand in Europe.
Nike has recently opened the first European store dedicated to its Jordan branch. A 300 sq.m two-storey space ideally located in the bustling Bastille neighbourhood in Paris.
Jordan brand was born in the mid 80’s to celebrate the first global iconic basketball player ever: Michael Jordan. So iconic that the brand is still having a big impact on the sneaker and sport apparel industry, many years after the end of Michael Jordan’s career.
Jordan aims to reach $4 bn turnover in 2020 compared to $2,5 bn in 2016.
Here is a few takeaways about the Jordan’s store concept:
- Nike has partnered with Footlocker to operate the store on a daily basis,
- On the ground floor, sport performance items for basketball fans and players are displayed,
- The second floor is home of lifestyle articles which includes a selection of Jordan Retro white and gold sneakers featured in a specific display.
- The Parisian Jordan store is pretty experiential. “Jordan Flight Lab” is an immersive space where visitors are invited to test their sneakers in an urban playground like environment. The Lab is equipped with motion sensors to analyse moves and skills.
- The Jordan store also provides its clients with a sneakers and shirts customized service in the same way as NikeiD sections in Nike flagship stores around the world.
As a conclusion, no retail revolution to expect in this store but a pretty eye catching and inspiring store design to embody the Jordan brand DNA.
Immersive and experiential facility along with product customisation service are the 2 major highlights of the shopping journey there. They appear as “must have” features that sport brands have to showcase nowadays to really engage customers in the physical retail world.
After a period of time when Nike did not appear as a out-of-the-box physical retailer, the swoosh has definitely turned into an impressive sales machine. It’s pretty obvious that the Jordan stores will ideally complement Nike’s flagships and Nike Factory Stores to ensure coverage of a broader marketplace to generate massive sales and profits.