The main lessons learned there :
- Logo-less design: Perhaps the most surprising change is that the iconic Apple logo is nowhere to be seen.
- Undoubtedly the biggest new addition though is a gigantic 37-foot display screen opposite the store’s all-glass frontage. The high-resolution array is encased in a black housing and fills almost the entire wall with its edge-to-edge display. Industry estimates of a screen that size are well over $1 million
- The store is described as having a high-flung ceiling lined with light panels and spotlights, which illuminate product display tables that have been arranged to maximize floorspace and achieve a sense of openness.
- None of the surfaces at the new store are painted. The color palette is all dictated by natural materials.
- New wooden accessory display installations adorn the walls, and feature a headphone tryout area along with shelves for speakers, docks and other products.