Retail Safari in Stockholm Part 1 : I’ve recently spent some days in the beautiful city of Stockholm and I had the opportunity to spot some inspiring brands and retail concepts there.
Here are some more details about these brands with a link to their websites.
- DESIGNTORGET: It compares with MUJI when it comes to Scandinavian Design home accessories. You can find multiple stores in the city as well as at the airport (which makes great sense when it comes to bring some memories back home ).
- URBAN DELI: a must-see high-end grocery store chain with sells mostly organic and local fresh products and provides its customers with a confortable and trendy restaurant.
- FABRIQUE : a fast growing on-the-go bakery chain that showcases a small range of delicious traditional products. Thanks to the small space needed, Fabrique concept is easy to roll out in high street locations in Stockholm.
- JOE AND THE JUICE: Born in Denmark, the brand has already made major inroads in Northern Europe. The trendy yet natural brand concept meets the food expectations of both high-end urban professionals and tourists.
- WEEKDAY : the brand is specialized in swanky and refined Scandinavian style for men and women. Most of the product range is sold through private label even though a few selection of global brands such as Cheap Monday or Sketchers are filling the gap when needed.
- STRIKKI NIKKI : Founded by a young female american entrepreneur who settled in Sweden in 2007, the organic and homemade gelato brand is much appreciated in Stockholm and highly visible thanks to the pink color of the store design.
My previous articles about brands and retail concepts are available here.